Thursday, February 6, 2014

Review: Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Balm Stain!

Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Balm Stain
Every brand known to mankind is coming out with balm stains and I keep buying them! (It's becoming a problem...haha) So on my last trip to Kmart I purchased these Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Balm Stains. I wanted to give them a try giving the fact that the Wet n Wild brand tends to have great products! I purchased a bright color called A Stiff Pink and a more neutral mauve color called Rico Mauve. I tested them both out and here are my thoughts!
These are only $2.99 at Kmart so the price is perfect. I heard that in most stores they have a $1 off coupon attached to them that you can use when checking out but unfortunately mine didn't come with it. The line has a nice range of shades but most of them were sold out at my Kmart so I only picked up two. The packaging is a hit and miss for me. I like how simple and sleek the packaging is. Just like most stains the color of the tube is also the color of the product. But the cap is so annoying! I'm a very organized/clean person so it bothered me so much when I found the lip balm with the cap off in my purse! Luckily nothing got ruined but I just wanted to point that out. It happened with both of them. I also made sure to hear the "click" sound to confirm they were closed but it happened either way.
As far as the lip balm itself... I felt like it was decent but nothing out of this world. The site claims that these will go on smoothly while conditioning your lips. I personally didn't think they were too conditioning. They don't have a minty smell like most lip balms/stains. They do go on smooth and are moisturizing once applied but that doesn't last at all. Within the hour I felt like my lips were drier! On top of that the stain left on my lips was darker than the original color. It was a bit odd. When I applied the pink one it looked like a bright baby pink but it stained like a more dark berry pink. The mauve color looked very natural when I first applied it too but once it stained it looked a bit darker. Here are the colors just applied:
Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Balm Stain
I love the colors once applied. I just wished they would stay consistent throughout the day haha. You do need to swipe the lip color a few times just to build it up to the color in the pictures but I don't mind. The mauve color is my favorite out of the two. Even though it stained a bit darker I enjoyed the color either way so I know it's something that would wear again. The pink one on the other hand emphasized my chapped lips. The funny part is that the lip balm itself made them feel drier. I didn't like that one at all. My lips felt horrible and while talking to my co workers I felt like they were cracking. I took it off immediately and used another lip balm. It makes me think that the formula is a bit inconsistent throughout the line since I didn't experience the sames issues with the mauve color.
 
Bottom line: I would pass on these. I'm glad I tried them since I had high hopes but unfortunately this is something I wouldn't repurchase. I will continue to use Rico Mauve because it's a beautiful color but I'll probably store away the pink one. They just gradually become uncomfortable on the lips. I rather get more of the NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color ( check out that review!) because those remain the same color and are super pigmented with one swipe. They're like a dollar more and worth it. :-)
 
If you've tried the Wet n Wild lip stains leave your thoughts below, I'd love to know if they worked out for you or not!



No comments:

Post a Comment