Monday, May 5, 2014

Review: L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints! + Swatches!

A Little Goes A Long Way!

L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints
Recently Too Faced launched their Melted Liquid Lipsticks and I was super intrigued! I only purchased one because they were so pricey at $21 a pop so I began to hunt for something similar. I came across these L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paints online and thought they looked like twins! The packaging was almost identical and the best part was...these were only $4 each! I'll be reviewing the Too Faced liquid lipstick really soon so stay tuned for that! :-)
So here's what the packaging looks like compared to the Too Faced one:
L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints
The font is really similar, the tube, the cap... everything! But after giving both of them a try I must say that they are different products. So...if you were hoping for a dupe I can't really say it is. Each product is amazing in its own way but just wanted to point out that the formulas are opposites.
Here are the swatches of the L.A Girl Lip Paints:
L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints
The pigmentation is outstanding! You just need the tiniest bit to get the impact you want! There's six shades total, I decided not to purchase the red one because I prefer matte reds instead of glossy ones. But the colors I did get didn't disappoint. These feel really nice on the lips, they have vitamin E and peppermint oil that leaves a soothing feeling on your lips! The Too Faced ones have a sponge tip applicator and this one doesn't, it's just your typical squeeze tube gloss. That actually would be my only con about these. I wish it had a better applicator because with something so pigmented you need precision. But overall, I really like them!
Here are the lip swatches:
L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints
From left to right (click to enlarge!):
*Babydoll- a Barbie baby pink, really pretty but not something I would wear everyday.
*Blushing- a medium mauve, the most neutral shade of the bunch and one of my favorites!
*Bombshell- a bright fuchsia pink, gorgeous color and will be perfect for a night out!
*Hot Mess- a bright orange, online it looked more coral but its a true orange. It's different but I think I can make it work! ;-)
*Coy- a bright purple, this color is becoming really popular this year so it was a must have!
 
Bottom line: If compared to the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks these won't be a dupe but as a stand alone product they are really good! I like the fact that you don't need too much to get the color you want. The price point is also amazing! They feel and look nice on the lips so L.A Girl did a great job with these. The applicator is my only con. You have to be super careful when applying these. Since it doesn't have a sponge to soak up the product once you squeeze, it gushes out and it can get messy. I'm not sure if these are in store at your local Rite Aid yet but if you're wanting to try them out check out www.lagirlusa.com ! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment