Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Review: bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette! (Swatches!)

Shine Bright on a Budget!

bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette
Welcome back! Today I'm super excited to share my thoughts on the NEW bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette! It retails for $16.99 but bh Cosmetics is notorious for crazy good deals and sales so you can potentially get it for less. It comes with 6 gorgeous shades that are suitable for most skintones. I've had it for a little while now and I am in love! :-)
bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette
The pans are very large and they come encased in a compact palette with a mirror. Something to point out is that the palette has a somewhat strong chemical smell. I think it's packaging related though. The texture on these highlights is very creamy, kinda like a super pigmented metallic shadow. Dimethicone is the fourth ingredient on the list which adds the "smooth" texture and application to the highlights. It goes on the skin beautifully and a little goes a long way, specially if you wet your brush before applying. 
bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette
Here are the swatches! My favorite shade is the last one, Vivid. It's a beautiful light pink highlight with high shine and intensity! It looks almost wet on the skin! The shade selection includes every highlight tone you would ever need. I mean... it wont stop me from getting others haha but it's so convenient to have them all in one palette!
bh Cosmetics Spotlight Highlight Palette
The picture on the left was taken with flash and the one on the right is in natural light. I love how the white-gold shade looks in the inner corner.

Bottom line: I'm really impressed with this palette. Typically, higher end highlight palettes are about $40 or more and this one retails for less than half of that. The formula is lovely, very buildable so if you're looking for a blinding highlight you can definetely get that look with it! I plan on taking it on my trip to the Dominican Republic because it has everything I need to get the glow I want! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment