Saturday, May 14, 2016

Review: NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals! (Swatches + Look!)

NEW From NYX!

NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals
I always preferred NYX Cosmetics single shadows over the palettes they offered before. But this NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals has converted me! haha. This palette retails for $18 which is pretty high in the drugstore world but I managed to snatch it up during a sale so it wasn't too bad for my pocket. There's 16 shadows in the palette in all the essential finishes and they are very well formulated!
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals
The shadows live in a very compact palette which is a plus for me when I store it. The packaging is pretty sturdy, no complaints there.
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals
There's four palettes to choose from but I'm a warm lover so I had to stick with what makes my heart happy! ;-) The colors are gorgeous and the range is nice! There's a nice mix of light and dark and everything in between. They are so rich in pigment and blending them was very easy. Let's get into swatches:
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals
The darker shades are my faves! I love the redder browns in this palette. Even though it's a warmer palette it still stands out from my other ones because of those red-orange tones. Of course I love the golds and coppers but that's a given! Here's a look I created. I appreciate that the colors don't blend away, you still see the gradient of colors. They last amazingly over primer....overall I love them!
NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette in Warm Neutrals

Bottom line: I do think it's a little pricey for drugstore but I know there's ways to get that price down. I would recommend to wait for sale (40% NYX at Ulta happens once in a while) or use the $3.50 off of $10 coupon. The shadows are great quality but for some reason my mind is trained to not pay full price for it haha. I really like it and would definetely recommend to check out this one and the other three if you're into those shades! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment