Monday, May 16, 2016

Review: Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette!

Get Your Highlight On!

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
Now that I'm officially a highlight lover I've been testing out a bunch of new ones, including the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette! It's $42 and sold at Sephora. It's a great value since it comes with 3 universal shades, which are beautiful btw! I've had it for about a month or so and I'm a huge fan. I love the shades and find that you can build up the intensity to your liking.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
The packaging is so freaking cool right?! I love the blue and gold, it just looks so sleek and adds on to the value. 
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
It does come with a really nice size mirror, perfect for highlighting on the go. 
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
There's three shades:
Sunlight- a champagne gold
Filtered light- a matte sand
Moonlight- a rosy pearl
I find the middle shade to have the weirdest texture. It feels so dry, reminds me of sandpaper. It's meant to set your under eyes which I tried before but wasn't a fan because it made that area look so dry. It sucks that the powder didn't work for me but I'm happy that it's the smallest one in the palette haha.
Now the highlighters are so creamy and smooth! They feel like a cream to powder formula and they go on incredibly. The pan size is pretty large which I appreciate for the price. I love to apply them while my skin is still wet ( before my foundation dries or after setting spray) to get that foiled wet look!
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
Here are the swatches! *sigh* so pretty!
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea- Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette
In this look I'm wearing moonlight which is my fave! I decided to wear it a little more subtle for work but still looks amazing nonetheless.

Bottom line: I adore this palette! I wish I could swap out the middle shade for something else...maybe another highlight. But overall I still think it's a great value and the highlighter shades are simply beautiful. I would recommend it if you're looking for a variety! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment