Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Review: Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)

It's That Time of Year!

Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
Holiday season: the time of year to spend time with your family, eat delicious food and purchase holiday palettes! ;-) So many great palettes and so little time(and money! haha) Today I have the Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette to review for you! It's an Ulta Exclusive which retails for $39, pretty good deal! 
Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
This is everything that comes in the set! I was going back and forth about the palette but when I received a 20% off coupon to be used on anything at Ulta I knew it was a sign haha. I've been using it for a few weeks now and truly love it! I tend to lean for more full on warmer palettes but I decided to give this one a shot since it has some cooler tones too and I'm so happy I did!
Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
These colors are perfect for both everyday and night out looks, very versatile. The shadows are buttery smooth just like Too Faced does best! The mix of finishes in the palette is also really great! The packaging is also super cute, gold glitters but no worries because they don't fall off. Plus it comes with a deluxe size of the Better Than Sex Mascara which is one of my favorites. 

Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
My main concern was that I didn't want something similar to my Chocolate Bar Palette which I'm glad to report that it's very different. As much as I love the same golds, coppers and bronzes I really wanted a unique neutral palette and this is a great choice. The creams, pinks and grayish purples are so beautiful, my favorites from the palette. Here are the swatches by row:
Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
*Coconut Cream- a really opaque matte white, so smooth and perfect as a highlight or an all over lid shade.
*Nutmeg- a metallic light golden brown, very pretty on the lid!
*Biscotti- a bronze metallic, one of my go to shades to deepen up a look, so smooth and pigmented.
*Sugared Violet- a satin blackened purple with purple shimmers, reminds me of one of the shades in the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, really pretty!
Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
*Champagne Truffle- a light, slightly golden beige shade with a frosty finish, a great inner corner highlight shade!
*Pink Frosting- a really opaque light baby pink metallic shade, one of my favorites! It's one of the cooler shades in the palette and such a versatile color.
*Cinnamon Sugar- a golden bronze metallic shade, lighter than Biscotti, really gorgeous!
*Chocolate Cake- a matte dark brown, great basic shade to smoke out a look.
Too Faced Sugar & Spice Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2014!)
*Meringue- a pink-beige matte shade, another great color for a brow bone highlight or lid shade!
*Clove- a cooler matte grayish purple shade, another one of my favorites! This is the perfect crease/blending shade, kinda reminds me of mauve from the Lorac Pro Palette!
*Bon Bon- a light frosted lilac shade, very unique! Looks amazing as a pop of shimmer on the lids over some of the darker shades.
*Black Licorice- a matte black, not the deepest black but another great basic to deepen up some looks!

Bottom line: I really enjoyed this palette! My past few palette purchases have been full of warmer shades like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy and Tamanna palettes and this one was just something different which I love. I know that Too Faced released the Everything Nice Palette (which is gorgeous), if you're looking for more pops of color I would recommend that one. But... many may overlook this one because it's neutral but it's not your ordinary neutral palette! The value is awesome, I recommend to give it a shot if you've been eyeing it. :-)

4 comments:

  1. This has some such gorgeous shades! Perfect for creating christmas-y looks!

    S xx
    www.sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! :-) it's a really great palette, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS PALETTE! Had to go out & get one when my 20% off coupon came in too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!! Glad to hear you love it too! :-)

      Delete