Sunday, November 30, 2014

Review: Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette!

On Sale!

Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
First things first... I haven't seen Pulp fiction (yet!) I know I know, it's a classic but honestly I'm not a big movie watcher haha. Must be because my husband puts on a movie almost every night but shhhh don't tell him! Urban Decay released this palette a few months back for $34.... pretty pricey so I passed on it. But the priced was recently reduced to $16 and I had a 20% off coupon for anything at Ulta so I decided to pick it up! At that price it was a bargain and so far I love this palette!
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
The packaging is really eye-catching, love the colors and how compact it is. When you have as many palettes as I do smaller is better haha.
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
It has a nice size mirror so its a great palette to take with you if you're traveling. At first I thought the palette was very similar to the Naked Basics palette but it's actually warmer. I owned the Naked Basics but I decided to sell it since I wasn't using it much... now I know why. The colors weren't as warm as I wanted for blending and such. This one has warmer shades and I just tend to gravitate towards those colors.
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
All the colors are truly perfect for everyday or to use in combination with other palettes that are lacking a good brown color.
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
My only con is that I wished they wouldn't put the black and white shade together, it's pretty difficult to try to pick up some color without touching the other. Here are the swatches:
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
My favorite shades are Tyranny and Vengeance, beautiful rich browns! Tyranny is the best crease/blending shade and Vengeance would looking amazing all over the lid for a brown smokey eye! Righteous is also a great one, it's so pigmented and silky! Overall a great palette!
Urban Decay "Pulp Fiction" Palette
Oh! I wanted to point out this adorable brush that comes with the palette, is actually pretty decent in a pinch.

Bottom line: This is a great neutral palette! I'm so glad they lowered the price because honestly $34 is way too much for 5 shades. Now $16 is more like it and keep in mind the quality of these shadows is outstanding! I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay and when their palettes are on sale I say what the heck?... buy it! You won't be disappointed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment