Sunday, June 12, 2016

Swatches: Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks!

My New Vice!

Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks
If you haven't heard Urban Decay reformulated, repackaged and is releasing 100 lipsticks! Yup. It's happening haha. Urban Decay is calling them the Vice Lipsticks which is the perfect name because I know I'm gonna get addicted! ;-)
The 100 lipsticks are made up of new and old shades in six different finishes. I was so excited when I checked my mail the other day and I had a gift from Ulta. They sent me a sample card with 24 of their favorite shades! It was divided into three color groups: Purple-Pinks, Red-Oranges and Nude-Pinks. I decided to swatch the nude-pink colors today so you can see what some of the colors look like. Let's get into the swatches!
Urban Decay Vice Lipsticks
Here are the color descriptions:
Conspiracy- (metallized) a plum bronze shimmer. Such a cool, dimensional shade! I'm considering getting the full size because it's so unique. I didn't feel any shimmer on my lips.

Rapture-(cream) a dusty rose. This color was part of the revolution line which I already own. It's a beautiful shade, great for everyday.

Amulet- (metallized) a metallic brick rose. This color had some dimension but it wasn't as metallic as Conspiracy. I didn't find the color too flattering on me.

ZZ- (cream) a soft pink-purple. I love this one!! It was so creamy and so pigmented. The color is stunning and I already ordered the full size haha.

Naked- (cream) a nude-pink. This color is very essential because it pairs so well with any makeup look. It was also part of the revolution line.

Backtalk- (comfort matte) a mauve-nude pink. This is a comfort matte formula which is suppose to be Urban Decay's creamiest matte and it's right on. It went on so nicely and it felt very comfy and thin but with great color payoff.

Stark Naked- (comfort matte) a light nude. Very comfortable but definetely not a shade I gravitate towards. It looks too concealer-y for my liking.

Gubby- (metallized) a frosted light pink. This one went on fairly sheer. I find it to be more of mixing shade or a lip topper because it doesn't look like much alone.

Hope these swatches were helpful! I'm giving my lips some TLC after all these lip swatches haha. I'm thinking about swatching the other colors in the sample card so stay tuned for that. I'm so excited for this new Vice line and these will be $17 which is more affordable than the old lipsticks and when compared to other brands at Ulta. Definetely check them out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment