Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids! + swatches!

Saturated Color At Great Prices!

Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids
Last Spring/Summer Maybelline released their Vivids line of lipsticks and I wanted each and everyone of them! Since I wasn't planning on spending $80 at the time I waited a bit before purchasing them. I was so happy to find them on sale on Target.com for about $2.50 and... they were worth the wait! The ColorSensational is a wonderful formula but these are out of this world. They are extremely pigmented and full of life. They are a great addition to anyone's lippie collection! :-)
They come in red/orange packaging that will stand out on your next drugstore visit. There's a total of 10 shades in the line and I only purchased eight of them. They're all unique but there was a orange and red one that I felt I wouldn't wear too often. Here are the lip swatches:
Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids
From left to right (click to enlarge!):
*Pink Pop- a blue based baby pink, doesn't look too flattering on me but I'm sure a lot of people will like this one! Reminds me a bit of Mac's Snob.
*Fuchsia Flash- a hot pink, one of my favorites!
*Shocking Coral- a pink with coral tones. This color is amazing and will look great if you have a tan!
*Vivid Rose- a bright magenta pink. This color is the perfect darker pink shade that still look bright and fun.
Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids
*Vibrant Mandarin-  a orange based red, looks crazy in the tube but great on! I was a bit hesitant about this color but I'm so glad I tried it.
*On Fire Red- a bright red that makes your lips look juicy! It's the perfect red for a night out. It's also one of my favorites!
*Hot Plum- a bright pink with purple tones. This is the color I wore on my birthday and I got so many compliments!
*Brazen Berry- a bright purple with a bit of pink to make it wearable. It's the perfect shade if you're looking to try out the color of the year "Radiant Orchid"!
 
Bottom line: All these shades are super creamy and hydrating! The lasting power is about 3-4 hours which is pretty good. I love the formula and any of these shades would look amazing with minimal makeup. Just picture it: winged liner, nude shadow and BOOM- a bright lipstick! These aren't limited edition so you can find them at your local drugstore. I would checkout Ulta now because they're having 40% off Maybelline products! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment