Friday, April 11, 2014

Review: Milani Power Lip Gloss Stains!

Perfect Lightweight Formula!

Milani Power Lip Gloss Stains
It took me a bit to review these new Milani Power Lip Gloss Stains but here it is! I ordered these a while ago ($6.49 on milanicosmetics.com) with a bunch of other new items from Milani so make sure to check out those reviews too! The Power Lip Gloss Stains come in a nice range of colors but you know me, I stick to my basics: pink, berry and coral. The colors all turned out to be really beautiful!
It's a huge plus to have the color of the tube match the gloss, specially when you have dozens of glosses to sort through (bittersweet haha!). It's a cute, petite tube of gloss so fits perfectly in your pocket or purse. It's a twist up mechanism that takes a while to gush out the product so make sure to take your time. I didn't... and it was overflowing!
The weird part is the applicator. It's a brush tip applicator that's really firm. The bristles leave just enough room for the gloss to come, otherwise they're tightly compressed. It's a bit rough when you apply it which is my only con. It makes it hard to outline your lips with precision so it does feather out. I would recommend to use a clear lip liner to prevent that.
The gloss stain itself is pretty darn amazing! It's a lightweight formula that packs a punch. The pigmentation is great, really works like a liquid lipstick. It's creamy and vivid; best combo! The shine lasts for about 4-5 hours depending on your activities but it leaves a nice stain behind. I love the glossy finish so once the shine is gone I reapply. Here the swatches:
Milani Power Lip Gloss Stains
From left to right:
*Macaroon- A creamy pink, perfect for everyday!
*Raspberry Tart- A creamy berry. This color is great year round.
*Mango Tango- A bright creamy coral, my favorite!
 
Bottom line: These are great glosses! I wouldn't call them stains because the shine does last. When I think of a stain I think of a matte finish. These are moisturizing and crazy pigmented which is always great. They are decently priced too. My only complaint is the brush tip, it's not my favorite. It makes it really difficult to get precision and it's too rough on my lips. Other than that I would recommend to give these a try! The colors are beautiful and I'm sure you'll find one that's perfect for you! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment