Monday, December 8, 2014

Swatches: NYX Wicked Lippies!

Jewel-toned Lipsticks!

Swatches: NYX Wicked Lippies!
NYX has knocked it out of the park once again! They recently released a new collection of lipsticks called the "Wicked Lippies" and they are pretty out there. It's a line full of stunning metallic jewel tones, something I haven't seen done by a drugstore brand! It's pretty exciting because the other day I was lusting over the metallic shades Kat Von D released in the Studded Lipstick line but purchasing more than one gets really expensive super quick. Now I can get similar colors for only $6 each, such a great deal!
Swatches: NYX Wicked Lippies!
The line comes with a total of 12 gorgeous shades and I decided to test out three of them. The packaging is like they're matte line, just a glossy tube instead. The colors in this line are so unique! There's a few blues, purples... even a charcoal, yup very different! haha. I ordered mine directly from the NYX website but you should be able to find them at your local Ulta. The finishes vary within the line from pearl, shimmer, and metallic.
Swatches: NYX Wicked Lippies!
Here are some swatches! You can kinda see a difference in pigmentation. I did notice that the color payoff was different depending on the finish but it was workable.
Here are the lip swatches:
NYX Wicked Lippie in Betrayal
*Betrayal- a deep vampy purple with a  pearl finish, , my favorite! It's so stunning! I would rock this everyday if I could haha. This one doesn't have shimmer so it went so smooth and the pigmentation was great! 
NYX Wicked Lippie in Power
*Power- a metallic rose with silver shimmer, the most wearable color from the entire line. I love the color and it feels really comfortable on even with the shimmers.
NYX Wicked Lippie in Envy
*Envy- a metallic royal blue with silver shimmer, this one was my least favorite. It ended up looking really patchy. The shimmers actually settled into the fine lines of my lips. This one would be a pass.

Bottom line: Two out the three I chose were amazing! Those are some great odds haha, makes me want to try out a few other colors. Betrayal is breathtaking, I just love it! The line is such a cool idea! Just remember that the formula isn't going to be longwearing, 2-3 hours at most. But for a night out I would rock them without a doubt. If you've tried some of the Wicked Lippies leave me a comment below with your favorites! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment