Sunday, November 29, 2015

Swatches: E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette! (New!)

Looks Very Familiar...

E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
It's been a while since I tried something new from E.L.F so I had to change that, haha! I purchased the NEW E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette for $20 which is the most I've ever spent on an E.L.F item. At the time they were having a 50% off sale sitewide... with exclusions which is new to E.L.F because back in the day nothing was off limits. I went back and forth on it since it was full price but I just had to try it because it reminded me so much of another palette! ;-)
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
It comes with a makeup bag which is pretty cool! Packaging is simplistic and sleek... I love it! It's a magnetic closure with a full size mirror & brush.
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette

The color selection is nice, I won't say it's my favorite because as I look at it I find it difficult to come up with color combinations. Off the bat there's colors that I love like the burgundy, the bright yellow gold and the teal. But as a first impression I think it would be difficult to create a well rounded look.
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
As far as the eyeshadows themselves they are not bad at all! They are powdery but the color payoff is pretty great! Some of the mattes have glitter in them but when swatched the glitter isn't noticeable. The quality feels a lot better than their normal shadows. These are super silky and velvety! The texture is pretty soft which causes a lot of kick up but I'm sure with a good primer they will work. Here are the swatches:
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
The palette also comes with a dual-ended brush which is really good.
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
So... is it me or does this palette resemble a Vice palette by Urban Decay?! The layout, the size... even the bag it comes with is just like the Urban Decay Vice Palettes. This would make a great alternative for only $20!
E.L.F Artistry Eyeshadow Palette
Hope these swatches were helpful! I will report back once I play with it some more and work on a look. For the price so far so good! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment