Saturday, January 7, 2017

Review: E.L.F Shimmer Highlighting Powders!

Never Enough Highlight!

E.L.F Shimmer Highlighting Powders

While scrolling through the what's new section on the E.L.F site I noticed a brand new highlighting product and immediately placed my order! These are called the Shimmer Highlighting Powders and retail for only $6. E.L.F claims that these will give a luminous glow to the skin while also creating a soft focus effect. Are those claims true? Let's get into those details! :-)

I first ordered the middle shade in Sunset Glow not knowing what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised! After trying that one I needed the others, haha.

*The formula is buildable
*I find spraying your brush with a setting spray works best when applying them
*They look stunning on the skin when worn wet, not so much when dry
*They make great eyeshadows too!

If I had to compare the texture to another highlighter I would say it's very similar to the LORAC Illuminating Highlighters but the E.L.F ones have shimmers. If you apply them dry chances are you'll end up with shimmers everywhere so definetely wet your brush first.
E.L.F Shimmer Highlighting Powders
Here are the swatches. They don't look like much when swatched dry but trust me when I say they look stunning when applied wet! You can see in the pic below that it's noticeable but not too intense.
E.L.F Shimmer Highlighting Powders
Bottom line: I really like these! It's a buildable product and the color selection is suitable for most skintones. The price is also amazing! Their baked highlighters were a miss for me because I couldn't get them to show up so if you had the same issue these are worth a try! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment