Friday, January 20, 2017

Review: Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation in Golden Beige!

NEW Wet n Wild Foundation!

Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation in Golden Beige
I was so excited to find this foundation at my local Walgreens because it's only $5.99! The packaging is a really nice glass bottle, definetely feels more expensive than $5.99! There's a total of 20 shades on the Wet n Wild website which is amazing. They claim that this foundation is skin-perfecting and camera-ready with a matte finish. I wore it a few times and here are my thoughts!

I purchased the shade Golden Beige which was a perfect match. I used a beauty blender for application which gave me medium coverage. I love the spatula the foundation comes with! It makes application very easy. Now, here's my first con: this foundation has a strong paint like scent. It doesn't linger but it's noticeable when you're applying it.

I really like how this foundation looks for the first 3-4 hours. It looks amazing for that period of time (matte, skin like and super smooth) but after the 4 hour mark it starts to break down on me. During the Winter time my skin is pretty normal but this foundation made me get SO oily! At the end of the day, even after touching up, my face looked greasy.
Wet n Wild Photofocus Foundation in Golden Beige
I did wear a pore minimizing primer underneath, maybe I should try a mattifying one instead. I really wanted this to work because it looks really good at first. Wet n Wild claims that it looks great under different lighting... not too important to me but I will say it looks awesome on camera.

Bottom line: I would stay away if you have oily skin. My skin is pretty normal right now and it still made me oily. It wasn't longwearing which is a bummer. I will continue to wear it on days that I don't need it to last long. I do like the color selection and the price is budget friendly. It's up in the air for me but for $5.99 it may be worth a try for you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment