Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Maybelline The Nudes Palette!

NEW Drugstore Palette!

Maybelline The Nudes Palette
When I first heard about this new Maybelline The Nudes Palette I was super excited! :-) Technically it's the first drugstore palette if we're not including NYX. It's only $10 so for the price I wanted to give it a try. I purchased mine at my local Rite Aid after searching for it at Ulta and Walgreens. Word on the street is that there's two more palettes that will be available later on, a smokes and brights palette. Can't wait for those to launch! I was really surprised with the finishes in this palette, normally drugstore palettes or quads are full of shimmers and glitters but this one had a great selection of matte shades.
Maybelline The Nudes Palette
I owned a few of the Maybelline trios and quads before but I got rid of them because they weren't the best. After giving these a try, I feel like the pigmentation is a lot better! Now, it's not consistent throughout the palette because there's a few misses, but as a whole it's actually pretty good. The mattes are super smooth and buildable and the metallics (specially that bronze-olive shade!) are really pretty! I also enjoy the illustration on the back that shows you how to pair the colors by duos, trios and quads.
Maybelline The Nudes Palette
The packaging is also pretty sturdy and perfect for travel. It's nice and compact which higher end palettes don't have in common sometimes haha. I'm loving the color selection because instead of just plain browns and golds it also has beautiful taupes and grays! Here are the swatches by row:
First row:
Maybelline The Nudes Palette
I'm a bit disappointed by the first shade, its a creamy white with a satin finish that doesn't show up at all. The rest are pretty good, the last two are matte shades so you can see that are decently pigmented. That bronze shade is amazing!
Second row:
Maybelline The Nudes Palette
This row is all around great! The shadows were pigmented and smooth. I wish the gold shade was a bit richer like the gold in the Lorac Pro Palette but it still worked.
 
Bottom line: As a whole this palette is great! I don't think it's the best out there but for someone who doesn't want to invest in the higher end palettes like Urban Decay or Lorac this would a great alternative. Some of the shadows are not as pigmented as I would like them to be but over one of the color tattoos you won't have an issue! I wore these shadows to work and they lasted all day. All it takes is a great base and primer to make them work. If you come across this palette I would say to give it a try because the colors are perfect for everyday so you will definitely get some use out of it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment