Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review: Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF 15!

New From Physicians Formula!

Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF 15
Let's start off by acknowledging how long of a name this product has! haha. OK, lets continue. This is my first time trying out a foundation by Physicians Formula. I was pretty excited about this one since its fairly new and different from others that are out in the market. The packaging is also what caught my attention... look how cute it is! This foundation claims to be a weightless foundation serum that would instantly make you look 10 years younger. It's also has a spot correction formulation that helps reduce the appearance of spots. The claims make me think that it's meant for mature skin but I wanted to try it anyways because of the serum aspect. It retails anywhere between $12-$15 at your local drugstore. Here are my thoughts!
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF 15
Packaging gets an A+ from me! I love how it has a dropper that allows application to be super easy! It's convenient since it's a serum consistency it prevents a mess from happening.
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF 15
The formula is really runny which I'm not use to, but once on the skin it feels (and looks) amazing! It has a noticeable scent at first but it doesn't linger. It comes with a small synthetic brush that actually isn't bad!
Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF 15
It's not the softest brush in the world but I do feel like it works better that way. It does a great job at blending. I just place a few drops on the bush and blend away! Now, my only con about this product is that it only comes in 3 colors! There's light, medium and medium-beige... not even a deep shade. I purchased mine in medium but it ended up being a hair too dark and slightly orange. I managed to make it work but I really hope they work on their color selection. It covered my sun spots and discoloration around my cheeks so I really enjoyed this foundation!
 
Bottom line: I really like this foundation! I wont say its the most longwearing but it will look amazing for a good 5 hours. Being a serum formula I thought my skin would end up feeling really oily but I was pleasantly surprised! My skin was moisturized throughout the day without getting more oily than usual. It was breathable and still looked natural while providing the coverage I wanted. The price is a bit high but I'm happy that it comes with a brush that works. Give this a try! :-)




2 comments:

  1. Sounds great and really interesting. I'll check for it online, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it works for you! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete