Saturday, August 16, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners!

Smooth like Butter!

L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners
If you've been searching for a pigmented, smooth and long lasting eyeliner look no further! L'Oreal released these new Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners and they are amazing! They retail for $8.99 at your local drugstores and they are worth every penny. I managed to get these on a BOGO sale and I'm super happy with the color selection. They do have your typical black and silver but I wanted all the bright, bold colors. The L'Oreal site claims that these glide like silk and feel like silk which is really the best way to describe them!
L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners
I first purchased the rose gold shade called "highlighter" and fell in love instantly! I initially wanted to use it for the waterline but it ended working better as an inner corner highlight. It stays on all day and makes your eyes pop! I've used it down the bridge of my nose and on my cupids bow...love the outcome!
L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners
There's been some talk about the eyeliner being difficult to sharpen due to the gold rim. I haven't sharpened mine yet but I'll keep you posted ;-) I have a feeling that the product is too creamy to the point that it might not be able to stay pointy as I'd like... but we'll see. These liners are the most long wearing I've tried thus far! They don't budge or smudge which is surprising since they are really creamy. These glide on with barely any effort. Here are the swatches:
L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners
*Highlighter- a rose gold color, like the name states its perfect for highlighting
*Pure Purple- a bright purple without shimmers, perfect for bringing out brown eyes
*Cobalt Blue- a bright cobalt blue without shimmers, super rich in color, one of my favorites!
*True Teal- a bright metallic turquoise, the brightest within my selection
*Green Ivy- an olive base liner with gold micro shimmers, a great alternative to your typical brown liner!
So after I was done swatching I tried to remove the swatches with a makeup remover wipe but it didn't work. I had to scrub with some soap and water and I still had some residue! That's how you know how long wearing a product is haha.
L'Oreal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliners
Bottom line: These are amazing liners and I highly recommend them! They last so long and don't smudge under the waterline which is a huge plus. Lately some of the new liners I've been trying out have been making my eyes water throughout the day. With these I don't experience that at all so if you have sensitive eyes these are perfect for you. They're also a great alternative to liquid liners! Make sure to give these a try because you'll be amazed by this formula! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment