Friday, August 29, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation & Concealer!

New From L'Oreal!

So let me start off by saying that recently I looked in the mirror and noticed a gray hair...I freaked out! haha. My whole mentality has changed ( just a bit) and I've been looking for makeup with some anti-aging qualities. It's never too early to take preventive measures and that gray hair was a wake up call, haha. I purchased the L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation about a month back, close to the time I purchased the new Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation (which is amazing btw!). I then purchased the concealer about 2 weeks ago and here are my thoughts!
The packaging for both the foundation and concealer is the same squeeze tube style. The foundation comes in many different colors which is awesome! But, there wasn't any testers so picked the one that seemed to match, 206 Natural Beige, but it turned out to be a tad too dark. I made it work with a lighter powder ;-) L'Oreal claims that the foundation instantly blurs lines and uneven texture for younger looking skin in seconds, which is pretty accurate! It goes on so smooth and has a medium yet natural coverage so you don't get the "cakey" look. My skin looked silky smooth and felt smooth too! It has kinda like a silicone feeling to it but isn't slippery on the skin like other foundations. I do recommend to set it with powder for longer lasting power.
The formula is great! Now the price tag is a bit scary, $14.99... good thing I had a coupon at the time haha. It has a SPF of 18 which is a plus. I noticed the foundation continued to look amazing for about 4-5 hours. Even in the hot weather it held up pretty well but I do have to say it wasn't the best at oil control. I had to touch up my t-zone many times throughout the day which was a bummer. The rest of my face looked great but my t-zone was a big problem area, maybe a better primer can fix it.
Now onto the concealer! This retails for $12.99... again pretty pricey for a drugstore product. It comes in three shades, I purchased 302 Light. One of my favorite concealers is the Mac Pro Longwear but I tend to push it aside because you have no control over how much you pump out. I thought this concealer would be the perfect solution because of the squeeze tube but boy was I wrong! No matter how lightly you squeeze the product just gushes out. The concealer itself is OK, not the best coverage and I think its due to its consistency. It's so creamy that it creases like crazy, so you definitely need to set it with powder.
This is what the squeeze tubes look like.
 
Bottom line: I feel like both the products are way too pricey! I don't recommend the foundation for oily skin girls, other than that its a great foundation! So if you're willing to pay the price I would recommend it, but I really believe the Maybelline Dream Wonder Fluid-Touch Foundation is a better formula if you're looking for a flawless finish but also something that keeps you matte throughout the day. Plus, it's under $10! As far as the concealer, I wasn't a fan because it easily creased. I was hoping to really love both of these products but it just didn't work out. Have you given either the foundation or concealer a try? If you have leave your thoughts down below! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment