Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick!

Newest Lip Product From Too Faced!

Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
Too Faced is quickly becoming one of my favorite high-end makeup brands! I've been giving many of their products a try lately and haven't been disappointed thus far! Even though they are on the high end spectrum their prices aren't too unreasonable. So on my most recent stroll through Sephora I noticed the display they had of all the beautiful "melted" shades but this one in Melted Fuchsia spoke to me! They retail for $21 each so I'm sure you'll understand why I only chose one haha. But I'm super happy for this purchase because it's a great product!
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
The packaging is really pretty and convenient as well! It's a squeeze tube but what sets it apart is the sponge tip applicator that doesn't let all the product gush out at once. I've reviewed the L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paints recently which were said to be comparable to the Too Faced ones. Make sure to check out that review and swatches of the colors that I chose! The packaging was practically identical to this one but sadly its not an exact dupe. They are both outstanding lip products but just not the same formula. Although the Too Faced site claims that these have the high shine of a gloss I don't agree with that. When you first apply it you notice a nice glossy finish that fades throughout the day. So it leaves a beautifully matte stain on the lips without being drying which is why I give this product an A+! Here's a swatch compared to one of the similar colors in the L.A Girl line:
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
On the left is the Too Faced lippie and on the right the one from L.A Girl. The Too Faced one is definitely opaque in one stroke and initially has the glossy finish. The title "melted lipstick" is spot on because it applies like a creamy lipstick. The L.A Girl one is more of a gloss formula so it provides high shine but more of a slippery feeling so it lacks in the longevity department. Here's what Melted Fuchsia looks like on the lips:
Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick
It's a gorgeous true hot pink color that would look amazing on anyone! I knew that I wanted to invest on a color that was wearable yet bold so this one is perfect! It's long lasting and even though the gloss fades your lips are surprisingly still moisturized.

Bottom line: For the price I think you should give the Too Faced Melted Lipstick a try because the formulation is amazing! If you can splurge I would because with Too Faced you don't have to worry about the fuss of constantly reapplying since it leaves a beautiful stain behind. L.A Girl has the similar product but it is more of a gloss so it depends on what you prefer. Just for reference the L.A Girl glosses retail for only $4 so if your wanting vibrant color but not a hefty price tag give those a try! For a full review on those click here! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment