Thursday, May 29, 2014

Review: Brow Envy by Too Faced!

Stepping Up My Brow Game!

Too Faced Brow Envy
Brows... the feature I tend to ignore (horrible, I know! haha) All I really do is pluck them and go about my day but I've been experimenting with a few new products to try to get myself out of the rut. I came across the Too Faced Brow Envy kit during the Sephora VIB sale and decided to give it a try. It seemed reasonably priced compared to other brow products, retails for $39 plus at the time I got a discount too. It comes with a lot of great things for brow beginners, like myself, that lets you achieve the perfect brow!
The packaging is really great! It's made of a sturdy tin about the size of the Too Faced eyeshadow palettes so it stores away really well. Here's what the inside looks like:
Too Faced Brow Envy
It comes with a guide on how to do your brows and stencils for shaping which is pretty amazing! Before this palette I thought my brows were deep enough in color and thick enough too. I didn't think this kit would make a huge difference but it definitely stepped up my brow game! I feel like it completes my makeup looks and my brows look more defined. My confidence goes up a notch every time I use it!
Too Faced Brow Envy
Here's a closeup of what you're getting! First off is the setting wax, there's no color to it and it's like hair spray for you brows! It's a really great wax that doesn't flake throughout the day. Below that is the brow shade in blonde which is a light cool toned brown, really smooth and silky. I tend to use it as a mixing shade for the beginning of my brows. Next to that is the color brunette which is a medium brown, it's not too dark but it fills in the rest of my brows perfectly! Above it is the highlight which is a milky pink color with a cream to powder finish. It's an amazing color and really lifts the brows to make you seem more awake.
The mini tools that are included in this kit are pretty good as well! I love the angled brush because it s perfect to apply the powders while still achieving a natural look. The spoolie is also great to brush the hairs before applying the wax. Now... the tweezers are the only thing in this kit that I wasn't too happy with. It's really hard to pluck hairs with these, every time I try I end up getting skin which is so painful! I have my own tweezers from E.L.F (only $3) that I've used for years so I use those instead.
Here's what the colors look like swatched:
Too Faced Brow Envy
Bottom line: This kit is worth the money! I would recommend it if you're looking for guide on how to enhance your brows. I use it on a daily basis, even if its just the highlight and wax on days that I'm not wearing a full face of makeup. It makes a huge difference! It's an amazing kit with great quality products and tools, make sure to try it if you've been searching for an awesome brow kit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment