Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: NYX Simply Vamp Lip Creams!

Vampires Beware!

NYX Simply Vamp Lip Creams
It seems like I just can't get enough of the jumbo lip pencils! Every time I see new ones being released I just gravitate towards them because of how convenient they are. Not every brand can perfect the jumbo lip pencil formula, I've tried some great ones and some that I wish I would've returned. But that's the beauty of makeup, it's all trial and error! ;-) 
NYX released four intriguing lines of color families with a wide range of shades in each line that would suite so many skin tones! Being that we're in fall it was only right to try out the Simply Vamp Lip Creams first. There's a total of six shades in the line, I purchased two and here are the lip swatches:
NYX Simply Vamp Lip Creams
*Temptress- a deep royal purple, such a gorgeous shade! Lives up to the "vampy" name! It's nicely pigmented and that color is very unique.
*Aphrodisiac- a light brown plum, another different color, really pretty! This one needed to be layered to get the full effect, but beautiful nonetheless!

These are only $6.50 which is a great price! I previously reviewed the NYX Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippies which were good but not my favorite chubby pencil. Rest assure that these are a step up from those! The formula is amazing, more on the matte side but not drying! They kinda remind me of the Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipsticks but with longer lasting power and... cooler shades!

Bottom line: These are pretty cool lip products! The formula is amazing, you just need to make sure that your lips are dry so it adheres better. I'd say the lasting power is about 4-5 hours which is pretty good. Count on NYX to make some out of the box colors and formulas! Winged liner and these colors will make the perfect fall combo! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment