Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Review: E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush!

New & Improved!

E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
Happy October! :-) Today I have a great post for you guys! I've been so impressed lately with the new products Eyes Lips Face has been releasing! They have a limited edition section called Beauty School where they have a bunch of new palettes and bundles for great prices. This palette is called the Essential 18 Piece Eye shadow Palette and it comes with a nice shadow brush. It retails for just $8 and you get a nice mix of matte and metallic shades, perfect for everyday wear!
E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
I did want to give a quick shout out to the packaging, it's so sleek and amazing quality! I'm loving the changes E.L.F is making to their packaging, definitely an upgrade! It comes with a full size mirror on the inside which makes this palette perfect for travel.
E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
Here's a close up of the colors! The entire first row are matte colors, how awesome is that?! I've never seen them release a palette with so many matte shades and they're actually pretty good! I wont say they're the most pigmented but you get some great color payoff from them plus the blend really well! The rest of the shades are satin/metallic finishes which are my favorite. I find that this palette has a muted tone to it that makes it so unique! I enjoy that none of the colors are crazy neon shades, they're all wearable, neutral colors that are super easy to work with. I also love that they decided to make the shadows round. It makes a difference in the look of the palette and easier for your brush to pick up color. It actually reminds me of the Sleek Palettes!
Here are the swatches by row:
E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
These are the matte shades! The second and third colors make amazing crease/blending shades. They are smooth to the touch, kinda makes me think that E.L.F has reformulated their shadows.
E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
This row has the pops of colors without being too bright. The lime green looks amazing all over the lid. The last shade is a gorgeous taupe-silver.... in love!
E.L.F Essential 18 Piece Eyeshadow Palette With Brush
If you haven't already guessed this is my favorite row! This row is just stunning! I'm lusting over those peachy copper shades for all over the lid. I've been wearing them nonstop with the matte brown in the crease and some winged liner... perfection! The last shade also makes a beautiful inner corner highlight.

Bottom line:  This is a great palette! The price is also amazing but don't be fooled by it, this palette is really great quality. The colors are gorgeous and they are really smooth! The texture is so buttery, different from the palettes from the permanent line. If these are reformulated shadows I hope they release more palettes like this one because I truly love using it! Make sure to check it out! It's limited edition so get it while you can. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment