Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Review: Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks!

More Matte Lippies!

Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks
You would think with all the matte lipsticks I've being reviewing lately I would be over this trend... but I'm not! haha. Matte lipsticks are a hit with me, specially the formulas that are done right. Milani released their version which they called the Color Statement Moisture Mattes. There's a total of  eight shades in the line and I have three to review for you! They retail for $6 each and come in the signature (and gorgeous!) gold packaging. These are the fanciest looking lipsticks at the drugstore haha.
Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks
Milani claims that the formula not only feels great on but it's also long wearing. It definetely leaves your lips feeling hydrated all the day which I love! The texture reminds me a lot of the Maybelline Creamy Mattes but these are just a tad more matte. They are really comfortable on! I wouldn't say they're long wearing by any means. I find myself having to blot to avoid transfer. They leave a beautiful stain behind which lasts a few good hours but you do need to reapply.
Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks
The gold... I can't! haha. I'm obsessed with the packaging. I also love the scent of these. Goodbye to the watermelon scent and hello to a yummy vanilla one!
Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks
Here are some swatches! The pigmentation on these is lovely. One swipe and you have full color. Plus the color is buildable so you can have it as bright or sheer as you want! The go on like buttah.
Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipsticks
*Matte Naked- a neutral brown pink, a stunning nude that pairs with everything! I've worn it as is and with a gloss, looks so pretty on!
*Matte Diva- a bright hot pink, so bright you guys haha. I wore it to work and received so many compliments. It's a little scary at first but it's such a great color!
*Matte Passion- a red-orange, another beautiful shade! Since it's matte I find it to be more wearable and oddly enough it's very flattering!

Bottom line: The formula is amazing! I would recommend them if you're looking for a matte lipstick that won't dry out your lips. They are very affordable so you'll end up with more than just one haha. Plus who can say no to that gold packaging? ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Omg gorgeous. The pigmentation is unreal. Too bad they aren't long lasting, but it could be worse!

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete