Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: NYX Matte Lipsticks!

Most Long-wearing!

NYX Matte Lipsticks
A few months back when I was in my "bridezilla" stage I went on a mission to find the perfect lipstick shade for my Wedding Day. So... somehow I ended up with six of the NYX Matte Lipsticks in my possession haha. I wanted a pretty neutral pink shade for my big day and NYX had such a great shade range, plus they were only $6 each! (plus an additional % off!) Granted, I didn't end up wearing any of these that day but these turned into one of my favorite matte lipstick formula for days that I want something to stay put.
NYX Matte Lipsticks
The color payoff of these lipsticks is insane! Just one swipe and you get amazing pigmentation. What I love about the formula is that it goes on smooth but it's on the drier side (in a good way!) which makes them stay on forever! It doesn't dry out your lips at all. I wore one of the colors on my birthday and after eating, drinking, laughing etc it was still there! It didn't seem to breakdown easily like other matte lipsticks I own.
NYX Matte Lipsticks
Here are the colors I chose! If you compare these to other lipsticks in the market these a truer matte finish. Any sheen in the lip swatches is most likely the lip balm I wore because lip swatches are hell for your lips haha.
NYX Matte Lipsticks
*Alabama- a brick red, really beautiful on! It makes your teeth look ultra white because it's blue toned. I also go it because Judy from It'sJudyTime wears it a lot on her vlogs haha. 
*Natural- a mauve pink, great every day shade.
*Perfect Red- a brighter red shade, great one for the Holidays and special occasions. Really love this one!
NYX Matte Lipsticks
*Tea Rose- a brighter mauve pink, super pretty! Perfect shade for the days that you have a deeper eye look.
*Whipped Caviar- a muted neutral pink. I thought I was going to wear this one on my Wedding Day for sure but found another one I loved more. Pretty shade nontheless haha.
*Aria- a bright violet shade... my favorite! In certain lights it looks slightly blue which I think is so unique! This is the shade I wore on my birthday and it lasted all day. Show stopper :-)

Bottom line- The formula is amazing! You can find these at Ulta on sale more often than not which is great for my bargain shoppers. The range of colors is very extensive so you'll definitely find a color you'll love. These aren't the creamiest matte lipsticks if compared to the Maybelline Creamy Mattes but that's OK. Unlike those, these don't budge nor transfer so its a lipstick that you can put on and not worry about for the rest of your day! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to get my hands on these but sadly NYX is so HARD to find here in Canada!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that sucks! Hopefully you can find them soon :-)

      Delete