Friday, June 5, 2015

Review: LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette!

NEW From LORAC!

LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette
Last year I had my eye on the LORAC summer collection but never got to purchasing anything...shocker right?! haha. This year I came, I saw... I hauled! I purchased the LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette on the Kohl's website for only $24. For being a higher end brand the price is pretty amazing! This palette is exclusive to Kohl's and the LORAC Website.
LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette
The colors are the definition of summer! They definitely caught my eye immediately! Packaging is extremely nice. It feels very similar to Nars packaging...fancy. ;-)
LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette
Here are the swatches! Even though the colors are all gorgeous the texture isn't consistent throughout the palette. My favorite shade is the copper/gold in the center. It's pigmented and really smooth. The purple wasn't the best, not much color payoff. Some of the shades were a bit crumbly in texture like the first shade. But for $24...you can work with it in my opinion.

LORAC Alter Ego Dream Girl Eyeshadow Palette

Bottom line: Overall I really like the palette but it's not a favorite. I find that the limited edition LORAC palettes are not comparable to their permanent items like the Pro Palette or the Unzipped Palette. The shadows just don't feel the same and I think that's why my expectations weren't fully met. I also own the Urban Decay Electric palette so some of the brighter colors in this palette are in that one. If you want to play with color for the summer time and you want to do it on a budget this would honestly be a great choice! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment