Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Must Haves: Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette! (Holiday 2015!)

Favorite Holiday Palette!

Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette
It's that time of year when my pockets hate me but... I don't care because the deals are on point! ;-) Exhibit A is my first palette this holiday season and it's absolutely amazing! Kat Von D shadows are so good when it comes to pigmentation and blendability. Last year's holiday release was a miss for me because overall the shadows weren't the greatest. That made me a bit skeptical this year but this palette has been one of my best purchases thus far! :-)
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette is $59 which is an awesome deal! If we break it down, KVD palettes (like the Monarch for example) comes with 12 shadows for $46 and this one has 24 shadows for $13 more! I love the combination of rainbow colors and neutrals! I love the balance of shades and how consistent the palette is too. It's an overall perfect palette for someone looking to be inspired! Lets get into swatches shall we?
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette
Here are the center shadows which are your neutrals. Great blending shades, highlights and shades to deepen up your look. The mattes (colors and neutrals) are so buttery and smooth, just a dream to work with. Speaking of colors...let's get into those swatches!
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette
Are these colors gorgeous or what?! Satins, mattes, metallics.... they're all so good! When it comes to color shadows there's some that may need a base to make it pop and others like these that the color payoff is so amazing that the base is not needed whatsoever. They go on so vibrant and last all day. I'm so impressed and so inspired with this palette which is my favorite part!

Here are two looks I recently did using this palette! :-)
Batgirl look for Halloween
So I was Batman for my friend's Halloween/Birthday Party and I used the yellow in the palette all over the lid and the black to set the mask. Loved how it came out and lasted through lots of dancing haha.
Fall Makeup
For this look I used the warmer shades in the palette. I used the copper all over the lid, the burgundy shade in my crease and a little bit of the brown to deepen it up. Absolutely obsessed with those warm shades!

Bottom line: I love this palette! The way it's setup is so user-friendly and it instantly gets my creative juices flowing! I love the vinyl inspiration and can we talk about the artwork? Kat Von D outdid herself with the palette cover... it's gorgeous! I have nothing bad to say about this one. Definetely make sure to pick it up or add it to your Sephora wishlist because the VIB sale is coming up! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment