Friday, October 9, 2015

Review: E.L.F Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks! (New Shades 2015!)

New Shades But Different Formula?

E.L.F Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks
Eyes Lips Face released a bunch of new shades within their Studio Moisturizing Lipstick line and it was love at first site! The colors looked amazing in the tube and for only $3 each I didn't hesitate to get them. I've really enjoyed the previous colors I've tried, I have a post you can check out by clicking here to see those swatches. I was hoping the new colors would be just as good as those but... it wasn't what I expected! :-(
E.L.F Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks
The colors are super pretty but they are so patchy and streaky on the lips. It's so odd, I'm not sure if it's a bad batch but if you check out the post I linked above the others are super pigmented. It's pretty much night and day. I was so underwhelmed with these. I was hoping to find some new faves but sadly it's a different story.
E.L.F Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks
You can see what I mean when I say patchy in the swatch pictures. Some are better than others and may even be more wearable worn over a lip liner. The thought of having to add extra steps to make a lipstick work is what gets to me, regardless of the price.
E.L.F Studio Moisturizing Lipsticks
The deeper colors look so much lighter on the lips. The texture of the lippie is also different from the others I've tried. It's a lot more slippery, borderline waxy feeling. They don't last long at all because of that too.

Bottom line: These were a dud for me. I'm not sure if the formula is now different but it's not my favorite. If you've tried some of the newer colors what are your thoughts? Leave me a comment down below! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment