Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Review: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette! (Swatches + Look!)

Day To Night Palette!

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
I said to myself...I don't need it! But somehow it ended up in my Sephora shopping cart! haha. I've had this palette for a few weeks now and I wanted to share my thoughts with you. Before I do let's into some basics! It retails for $54 and it comes with 12 smoky neutral eyeshadows. Nine shadows are never before seen shades and three exclusive shades from past palettes. They're divided into "quads" which is a unique touch compared to the other Nakeds!
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
This is the first group of shadows which are the metallics. They are really pretty shades, a nice mix between warm and cool.
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
The next group are the satins! This is where the palette starts getting smoky! I love the gunmetal tones in this quad and the pop of purple.
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette
The last quad is the mattes which are so nice! They are all smooth and buttery... I was so impressed! I really wished they had added a medium chestnut brown for blending but I've been mixing Whiskey & Combust so it's OK.

Here's a look I came up with using a few of the grey shadows and I love how it came out! It's simple enough for daytime and can be smoked out even more for the night time!
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette

Bottom line: This is a really nice palette! It's different for me but I love being pushed out of my comfort zone. I prefer warm shadows but I'm learning to love the cooler ones too! The look above came out so pretty and I can't stop playing with this palette. Now that fall is here I'll definitely be rocking this palette and a vampy lip... BOOM! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment