Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: City Color Cosmetics "Be Matte Blush"!

Spring Shades for $2.99!

City Color Cosmetics Be Matte Blush
City Color Cosmetics was introduced to me by good ol' Ipsy when I got my February bag. They sent me one of the Be Matte Blushes and I was very impressed! I decided to place an order on their site citycolorcosmetics.com just to give some other colors a try and make sure that I just didn't get lucky with Ipsy haha. I got my order fairy quickly and shipping wasn't too bad. I was just a little hesitant because shipping cost more than 2 of these blushes! Each blush only cost me $2.99 but I managed to get an extra 20% so they were a steal!
You get a lot of product and the color range is pretty good, a total of 8 colors. It's an amazingly smooth matte blush which isn't too common in the drugstore. It's a bit powdery when you first dip your brush into them but they apply evenly on the cheeks. But heads up, they are very pigmented! So make sure to use a light hand. Here are the swatches!
City Color Cosmetics Be Matte Blush
From left to right:
*Blood Orange- A red with orange tones just like the name states! Leaves a beautiful flushed look on the cheeks when used lightly.
*Fresh Melon- A pinky coral color, one of my favorites! Perfect for spring.
*Pink Grapefruit- A baby pink that is more on the cool side. It's a nice, natural shade.
*Blackberry- A mauve-pink, also one of the more natural colors. I received this one initially in my Ipsy bag and its just as amazing as the rest.

Bottom line:  These blushes are gorgeous + the price makes you want to get them all! I really like them. They're pigmented and smooth...everything you want in a blush! They can be easily blended too. For only $2.99 I would give you guys the green light to give them a try. I'm excited to try out more products from City Cosmetics since I ended up winning with these blushes! Normally if a product is affordable it lacks in quality but these don't at all! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment