Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Milani Rose Powder Blushes!

Limited Edition Spring Blushes!

Milani Rose Powder Blushes
It's amazing how powerful the words "Limited Edition" are! ;-) As soon as I saw these on Milani's website I quickly placed an order. There's a total of 4 blushes in the Milani Rose Powder Blush line and I ordered 2. I picked the two that I thought were most wearable. These blushes look so beautiful! They have a pretty 3D rose engraved in them which makes it perfect to put on display on your vanity! If you collect makeup these would be perfect for you.
The packaging is just clear and gold, really sleek looking. They look more expensive then what they really are; only $7.99 each. Clinique has some blushes that resemble these, with an engraved flower as well for $21 so this would be a great alternative if you don't want to spend that much. You get so much product with these too, 17grams so you'll have blush for a very long time! Here's a close up of the blushes:
Milani Rose Powder Blushes
You can really tell that Milani is great in their attention to detail! Now lets talk about the blush itself. On the back of the blush it states that its an ultra silky-soft powder blush that delivers the perfect amount of color and easily blends onto the cheeks. I don't agree with it being ultra silky-soft which is a bummer because I had high hopes. It's not a bad blush by any means but it's a bit chalky and powdery. I can tell that it would easily accentuate dry patches on your cheeks if you don't moisturize prior to using them. They are highly pigmented which is great, you just have to make sure to use a light hand with them. These are all matte blushes which I love too, you don't find too many of those in the drugstore. The site itself claims that these are multi purpose; they can be used shape, contour and highlight your face. I wouldn't use these for anything else other than blush haha. Milani also mentiones that these are streak free... I wish I could agree but they are a bit streaky. Here are the swatches:
Milani Rose Powder Blushes
From left to right:
*Tea Rose-  a light Rose
*Coral Cove- a bright coral
I wanted to include 2 swatches of each in different settings, the one on the right is under studio lights without flash and the one of the left is with flash. In the first pic you can see a little bit of residue that they leave behind. The second pic just brings out the colors so you can see how bright they are!
 
Bottom line: These aren't as great as Milani's Baked Blushes so I would say to purchase these if you're into collecting makeup. These would look great on display and its nice feeling to know that you own something that's "Limited Edition". The price isn't bad for the amount of product you get. If you can overlook how powdery these are then I would say go for it. I'm pretty happy to have these in my collection and I will continue to use them. Just make sure to try out some of the baked blushes if you haven't, those are amazing! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment