Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette!

Perfect "Night Out" Palette!

bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palettea
I must confess... I thought I would be happy with just one of the bh Cosmetics Forever Palettes but... I had to purchase both! I already have a review on the Forever Nude Palette so check it out by clicking here. It's such a great palette, perfect for everyday looks and amazing quality. For those same reasons I wanted to try the Forever Glam Palette. My instinct is to go for the nude/neutrals palette because I know I will get the most use out of it but I wanted to try something different. The colors in this palette are stunning! This one retails for $21.95 but bh Cosmetics always has a sale so you can get it for $9.95 at the moment at bhcosmetics.com! Here's what the palette looks like:
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palettea
Just like the Forever Nude Palette, this one has a nice plastic exterior that is built to sustain any fall. It has a large mirror too that makes this palette perfect for traveling. Its so convenient to have everything you need is in one place: blush, lip colors, eye shadows and highlight! All you really need is mascara and liner and you're good to go! I was happily surprised to see that the shadow colors weren't blacks or greys like your typical smoky palette. I love that there's a nice mix of neutrals and dark colors so you have endless possibilities! The blushes are also really beautiful. There's a coral-pink with shimmer and a matte hot pink that is actually brighter in person than in the picture...gorgeous! Here's a close up of the palette:
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
The amount of product you get is amazing! The blushes are a great size and so are the eye shadows. I wasn't too fond of the highlight shade in the Forever Nude Palette but this one is awesome! I love how it's a satin finish instead of a matte like the other palette. It's a unique color, more of a white base with a lilac iridescence to it... just beautiful! The lip colors are really pigmented, I just wished they had a cover to avoid powder ruining them. Here are the swatches:
Blushes and highlight:
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
The left one is a shimmery coral-pink and the right one is a bright matte pink. I really like the matte one!
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
Here's the highlight! You'll be able to see the duo-chrome, it leans more lilac in person. It's a very unique highlight color and very flattering.
Shadows:
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
I love all the colors! I only had issues with the first shade on the left which is a shimmery light peach shade, it didn't have much color pay off and it started to crumble. The rest of them are amazing! I love the golden/bronze shade in the middle! But... my favorite has to be the pink sorbet shade below, it's so different! It actually has a orange duo-chrome so it looks really good all over the lid. The taupe shade is pretty too. I thought the purple one was going to be a bit deeper in person but it's still OK. I wished it had a matte shade or two but I guess that would take away from it being "glam". All the shadows have some type of shimmer or glitter.
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
Lip Colors:
These are just as great as the other palette. Really vivid and glossy! No complaints.
bh Cosmetics Forever Glam Palette
Bottom line: I'm excited to own both of the Forever Palettes! I'm not sure if these are permanent so that also influenced my purchase haha. But... they are such a great deal! You're getting everything you need to create a look in one palette for less than $12 each, you cant beat that. I love my nude palette but this one is a great addition to my collection. I'm more drawn to creating looks with this one because it's different from what I typically purchase. The quality is out of this world, comparable to high end palettes! I would recommend this one if you're looking for a bright and daring palette for the nights that you want to stand out!  ;-)

Which forever palette is your favorite? Let me know in a comment below! 






No comments:

Post a Comment