Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Review: E.L.F Essential Smudge Pots!

Best Eye Bases For $3!

ELF Essential Smudge Pots
I haven't been so excited about an eye product in a very long time! You guys know I'm a blush hoarder and love collecting lippies but I wanted to test out something different so I purchased these ELF Essential Smudge Pots. It didn't set me back too much money wise, they are super inexpensive at $3 each ($1.50 on their 50% off sales!). I ordered them directly from the ELF website (eyeslipsface.com). There's a total of 9 colors but I got 6; more of the neutral colors and a blue one for a pop of color haha. I own some of the Maybelline Color Tattoos and these ELF ones are comparable if not better!
The packaging is really nice! Normally it's a hit or miss with the Essentials line but these are really amazing! The site mentions that these are made with a gel formula which makes them really smooth and I must agree! They glide on like a dream and the best part... they don't crease! These are really long wearing and nicely pigmented. On the site they also mention that they can be used as an eyeshadow and an eyeliner too! Its such a versatile product. They look great alone or as base for your favorite shadows!
Here are the six shades that I picked:
ELF Essential Smudge Pots
From left to right (Click on image to enlarge):
*Ain't That Sweet?- a milky baby pink
*Gotta Glow-a copper-gold
*Back To Basics- a true gold with more yellow tones
ELF Essential Smudge Pots
These were opaque in about two swipes, it doesn't take too much product to get the desired color payoff. They are super creamy and smooth!
ELF Essential Smudge Pots
*Cruisin Chic- a taupe brown
*Brownie Points- a copper brown
*Ocean Bound- a bright blue with shimmer
ELF Essential Smudge Pots
I love that copper shade! I tried out the blue one as a liner and it looked amazing! The shimmers didn't fade throughout the day.

Bottom line: I would recommend these! I love them and have no complaints! They stay put all day and don't budge. I wore one of the golden shades to my nephews birthday party and after a few hours of playing and running around it still stayed on without a problem. Even when I was trying to remove the swatches off my hand with a makeup remover wipe they wouldn't come off haha. That definitely proves that its long wearing. For only $3 each you're getting a 2 in 1 product! Its such an amazing product at a wonderful price... give them a try! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment