Monday, March 24, 2014

Review: Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer!

Break Your Diet & Have Some Chocolate!

Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
I was a bit skeptical about makeup products having scents but my mind changed completely as soon as I dove into this milk chocolate goodness! Too Faced has many different bronzers to suite everyone and this Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is a new release for us light to medium skin tones. It retails for $30, kinda steep in price but I've never found a bronzer that suites me as well as this one! I purchased mine at Sephora. The packaging is the first thing that caught my eye, it's really pretty! The second thing that caught my attention was the scent... it smells amazing! For all you chocolate lovers this is the bronzer for you. The scent isn't overpowering and it doesn't linger but just that initial sniff when you open the compact makes you come back for more!
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
The inside has a nice sized mirror. The matte bronzer doesn't seem to have orange tones like the original Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. I'll include a picture of both below so you can see the difference. I've tried many bronzers before but they always ended up looking a bit muddy or dirty. When I used this one I fell in love! It's a lighter brown with grayer tones which looks more natural on me when I contour. It's practically fool-proof for those of us just starting to contour! I use an angled kabuki brush to contour. Here's the bronzer compared to the original:
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
On the right is the original bronzer which is visibly more orange and a darker. This one would suite people with medium to dark skin tones. Once I get some sun in the summer I'll probably switch over to that one haha. They're both matte which is perfect! It's a super smooth formula which allows it to be buildable if needed. I also use it on my forehead and lightly dust it on my face for a sunkissed glow. I never thought a bronzer would be an essential part of my makeup routine but after giving this one a try I can't imagine myself without it! Here's a swatch:
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
It doesn't look like much just swatched but it's beautiful when applied on the face. I haven't found a cheaper alternative yet for this bronzer but I'll be on the hunt. Hopefully one comes up! :-)

Bottom line: I love this bronzer and I would recommend it to my fellow light to medium skin tones. It's a great product and I've used it everyday since I purchased it. It brings life back into your face when foundations make you flat. It adds just the right amount of color so you look sunkissed and lets face it... we are all searching for that youthful glow! ;-)

Do you have a favorite bronzer? If so leave a comment down below! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment