Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Review: Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss!

New And Full Of Shine!

Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss
I don't know about you but when I see something that's NEW I just have to try it! It screams "buy me now!" haha. I hauled a few things from milanicosmetics.com recently so make sure to check out my previous post for some reviews. I was most skeptical about trying these glosses because I already have a preference and I wasn't sure if I was going to like these. I love glosses that aren't sticky and that don't have a strong scent, like the NYX Butter Glosses. Those are my favorite; they are super creamy with great color payoff! I wanted to give the Milani glosses a try and here are my thoughts!
 
The site claims that these glosses have rich color with extreme shine and comfortable lasting wear. They also claim to be non-tacky and moisturizing. I tried the nude shade a few days ago and my initial impression was that it was really sticky. I was turned off by that because sticky glosses aren't my favorite. Most glosses sink in to the lips to keep them moisturized but these felt like they stayed on the surface so they transferred onto anything you ate...or kissed! ;-) They didn't dry out my lips by any means. I just don't agree with the claim of comfort. I felt the gloss on my lips throughout the day and I'm not a fan of that feeling. Now, they are really shiny so the name fits it perfectly! Cream formulas are my favorite so that's the finish I chose when I placed my order. Overall I loved the look these glosses gave. Your lips just look full and juicy! They do have really nice color payoff and a nice range of colors on their site. Here are the swatches:
Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss
From left to right:
*Bare Secret- Nude Brown with a cream finish
*Ravish Raspberry- Berry with a cream finish
These glosses retail for $5.49 so the price isn't too bad. The applicator is a doe foot with flat sides so its really easy to apply.
 
Bottom line: If you don't mind a sticky gloss than give these a try! I personally don't find myself repurchasing them because that tacky feeling is just not for me. But I love the shine and the sheer wash of color you get. I wish the formula wasn't as sticky but what can you do. The line has shimmer, frost and cream finishes so you have variety. They don't have a strong scent like other Milani products, just a subtle sweet one. Check out your local drugstore or place an order on the Milani website if you want to give these a try! :-)
 
Check out my review on the Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color by clicking here!




No comments:

Post a Comment