Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: E.L.F Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush!

New From Eyes Lips Face!

ELF Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush
I love it when Eyes Lips Face or E.L.F releases new products! They are so inexpensive so I don't feel as guilty when buying all of them! Haha. I stumbled upon these brand new blushes from their mineral line so I was very intrigued. I mostly order from their Studio Line so I'm not too familiar with the Mineral Line. These retail for $5 each which is more on the expensive end of E.L.F's spectrum. I managed to get them while they had their 50% off everything sale recently so they were only $2.50, not bad!  These are not sold in stores yet but you can order them from eyeslipsface.com. I've had these for a little over a week now and gave them a try; here are my thoughts!
ELF Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush
The packaging feels a little bit cheap, more so than the studio blushes. It's just a lightweight plastic that snaps shut. But overall, not bad... as long as the product inside is awesome right? ;-) They initially reminded me of the Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blushes, they have new black packaging that looks identical! They only difference is that the Sonia Kashuk blushes have a magnetic closure. The site claims that these mineral blushes are meant to look natural and also be long wearing. They are also infused with Vitamin E and Grape which provides anti aging benefits. I must say... these blushes are really outstanding! They are completely smooth and not powdery at all when compared to the Studio Line blushes. They apply really well and are super blendable. You look like you have flushed cheeks, the kind of look you get when you're outside on a hot day... sun kissed! They are nicely pigmented and in no way patchy. You only need the tiniest bit to achieve a nice look. I purchased all 4 blushes that they currently have in the line and here are the swatches:
ELF Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush
From left to right:
*Sweet Retreat- a light mauve-pink with a sheen
*Cabo Cabana- a light peach with gold shimmer
ELF Mineral Pressed Mineral Blush
*Jet Setter- a medium mauve-pink with a sheen
*Wanderlust- a plum with silver shimmer
The colors are beautiful! I just feel like the line is pretty limited. The colors are in the same color family and when seen with the naked eye they all look really similar. I wished they had a bright pink or a deeper coral but other than that I really like these. I used Jet Setter recently and it lasted through an 8 hour work shift. Didn't fade one bit and looked just as vibrant as when I first applied it. It looked natural, kinda like it came from within!

Bottom line: Make sure to give these a try! The colors are amazing and the quality is really good. For only $2.50( when on sale!) I would recommend to purchase every single color. The claims mention anti aging benefits, something I never heard of in blushes. I can't attest to that yet but in the long run that would pretty cool if true. The Studio Line has a lot more colors to choose from if you're looking for a bigger selection. The colors aren't as natural as these, so if natural is what you want give these a try! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment