Friday, March 6, 2015

Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipsticks!

Ready For Spring!

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipsticks
Maybelline lipsticks are one of  the best at the drugstore! When they release their collections I'm all over it like white on rice haha ;-) The Rebel Bloom line has been out in the market for few months now and it finally feels right to wear these colors after this ridiculously cold winter. They are super affordable, within the $5-$7 price range and a really great formula! There's a ton of pastels in this line which honestly isn't my taste but I managed to find two shades that were perfect for me and the upcoming season.
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipsticks
Let's start of with packaging... so cute! I love packaging that stands out, anything to make it more visible for me in my makeup collection haha. Now lets get into the formula! It's really creamy and comfortable. Since they are glossy they have a slick feel to them but not bad at all, pretty moisturizing actually! The pigmentation is not the most opaque but you definitely get some color payoff. The Maybelline Vivids are one of my favorite lipsticks, the were a spring release about 2-3 years ago. I thought these were going to be more like the those but they're just a bit more sheer.
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipsticks
Here are some swatches. Pretty colors even though this is as opaque as you can get them!
Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipsticks
*Blushing Bud- a pinky nude, my favorite, surprisingly since I love me some bold colors haha. This is a great choice for an everyday color. Reminds me a bit of Mac's Cream Cup!
*Orchid Ecstasy- a beautiful orchid shade, perfect for spring! Makes your lips look really luscious!

Bottom line: If you're looking for some lip colors that will brighten up your day and get you pumped for spring these are a great option. For someone who enjoys pastels you're bound to fall in love with the other colors in the line. If you're wanting something more wearable then I recommend these colors. The formula is very comfortable, not the most long wearing but for quick wash of color they're great! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment