Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big!

Blush, Bronzer & A Love Story!

Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big
Leave it to Too Faced to come up with the cutest blush and bronzer duo mixed in with a little nostalgia! :-) These released just in time for the month of love and I just couldn't pass it up. There's two duos in this limited edition collection, Carrie & Big and Ross & Rachel (my heart melts for these names btw haha) Of course I went for the Carrie & Big duo, Sex and the City was one of my obsessions back in the day. I've watched the episodes so many times, such a guilty pleasure!  "I'm someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't live without each other love." is one of my favorite quotes of all time and life motto. But... enough about the show let's talk about the blush/bronzer duo haha.
Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big
This pretty big heart retails for $34. Luckily my ebates refund came just in time to get this duo for nearly nothing! I do want to emphasize how large this product is. I ordered online so I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a magnetic closure with a black sleek exterior, very nice! Carrie & Big is the duo that is meant for light to medium skintones. Both the blush and bronzer are a satin finish, leaving a beautiful healthy glow!
Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big
Here's what it looks like. I love that it comes with a nice sized mirror, always convenient for travel. I've heard people being disappointed with the blush size compared to the amount of bronzer you get. Actually, it's really not that small. You won't be able to fit a big fluffy blush brush in there but the E.L.F blush brushes fit that heart perfectly. Plus, I wasn't too impressed with the blush anyway. The pigmentation wasn't the best and it needed lots of building up on the cheeks. The bronzer on the other hand is amazing! It's the perfect tone to give your skin that sun-kissed glow! I've never really been into bronzers but this is one I will be using nonstop. It's so smooth and the color payoff is great. I use a duo fiber stippling brush for the bronzer and love it!
Too Faced Soul Mates Blushing Bronzer in Carrie & Big
Here are the swatches! Such pretty colors, sucks that the blush isn't the best. I'll probably end up mixing both colors to create that summer glow, just to try to incorporate the blush and not waste product.

Bottom line: I wish the blush was more pigmented but the bronzer is the star in this duo for me. I love the color and definetely recommend it! Now that the seasons are changing I won't be putting this down. It's the perfect way to add some warmth to your complexion without over doing it. Plus the name is just too cute! If you're a fan of either show this will make an awesome collectors item. You can find it on the Too faced website, Sephora and Ulta! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment