Thursday, August 27, 2015

Review: ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap & Mars!

Great Colors!

ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap & Mars
If you don't know now you know! ;-) ColourPop released a ton of shades within their newest line called the Ultra Matte Lip and they're only $6! Now... even though they are some of the most affordable liquid lipsticks in the beauty world I'm here to give you my honest thoughts on the product (any product) regardless of the price. Let's get into it! :-)
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap & Mars
The wand is pretty standard. The packaging overall is really simple and cute. I heard that others had issues with the product leaking but I haven't experienced that myself. The formula is so runny and thin. I didn't mind it at first because you couldn't feel it on the lips. Once it dried my lips looked so dry even though they didn't feel that way. All the fines lines were emphasized... it just didn't look flattering. I will say the formula is extremely long-wearing! Once they're on they don't move one bit.
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap & Mars
Here's a swatch before drying. They are so opaque and just so pigmented which is awesome. You do have to be careful though because like I said before, they don't move. If you mess up it's really hard to take off.
ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip in Trap & Mars
Here are the swatches! :-) The color to the left is Trap and I adore this color! It's so fun and grungy but as you can already tell all the lines in my lips are super visible. It just looks like the life was sucked out of my lips which I don't appreciate. The color on the right is Mars which is so my color! The color is so bright and gorgeous but again the lipstick just settles into every nook and cranny.

Bottom line: I'm torn. I love the colors but the formula is not my favorite. It's completely matte which can end up looking and feeling drying which I stay away from. The price is great but I would rather pay a little more and get something I love. What are your thoughts? Do you like them? Leave me your comment down below! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment