Saturday, August 1, 2015

Swatches: Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks! (Vampy Plum & Rebel Rose!)

New From Buxom!

Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
Buxom is a brand I haven't tried before but after getting these lippies... I need some more Buxom in my life! :-) I won't be reviewing them in this post, expect more of a first impressions. I received them today (Friday) and immediately put them on and had to get some swatches up! Overall they seem to have a promising formula and the packaging is so bad ass! This new lipstick line is split into mattes and satins and they're each $22 at Sephora.
Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
Even the box is so cute! I love when brands add a little something to set them apart from other brands.
Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
I purchased one of each finish and to my surprise the packaging matches the finish (which is so cool!) I was so excited when I saw them, they just look so different!
Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
I wanted to compare them to the Nars Audacious Lipsticks for size reference. They are a great size, a little on the chubby side. The best part?.... MAGNETIC TUBE! Just like the Nars lippies these are magnetic! I wasn't expecting that at all but I love it because it matches the price! ;-)
Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
The size of the lipstick itself is wider than most which makes it a little difficult to achieve a precise application. You need to be extra careful but since the formula feels so good I can overlook that! They smell amazing by the way, like a warm vanilla! Let's get into lip swatches:
Buxom Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipsticks
*Rebel Rose- this is my favorite of the two because that color is perfection! It's a beautiful rosy pink in the satin finish which doesn't feel like a typical satin. This lipstick is so creamy and leaves your lips looking glossy and juicy! I can't get over how stunning that color is, truly a great everyday shade!

*Vampy Plum- this is a matte deep plum but doesn't really feel like a matte. It feels and looks more like a satin matte because it's so creamy! I love this color but it was a bit difficult to apply evenly because of the creamy consistency. I would rather wear it with a lip liner to make sure it doesn't slip away. This formula is so comfortable though!

I hope these swatches were helpful! I can already tell the "satins" will be my favorites from this line and I can't wait to try some other colors. As soon as I put it on it just felt so good! There's tons of colors to choose which I love. The color payoff is fantastic, full color in one swipe! The packaging is also so cool.... overall I'm loving these so far! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment