Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dupe Alert: Drugstore Alternatives Of Melted Fig By Too Faced!

Drugstore Gems!

Drugstore Alternatives of Too Faced Melted Fig
Melted Fig by far is my favorite from the Too Faced Melted line! I was searching through my lippie collection and noticed that I had a few similar colors that I wanted to share with you! These are all affordable options (less than $5!) compared to the $21 price tag of the Melted Fig. This plum-pink color is one of my favorites to wear on a daily basis and makes a perfect transition to fall! 
Each of these have their unique formula but the color itself is as close as you can get, If you're wanting a long wear, matte lipstick I suggest to stick with the original because nothing compares to its formula. If that's not a concern for you than the drugstore versions will be perfect! Lets begin!
Drugstore Alternatives of Too Faced Melted Fig
*Too faced Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Fig- here it is in all its glory! (haha) I love the color, the formula, the packaging... everything! I'm super happy that I invested in this shade because it is so wearable and long wearing which is perfect for work! I have a full review on this color and also Melted Fuchsia in separate posts, make sure to check those out. Just wanted to include the original for reference :-)
Drugstore Alternatives of Too Faced Melted Fig
*Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in Vintage Pink- this is also one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks because of the formula. It's opposite to the Melted formula because it's far from matte. This one is creamy and hydrating but isn't as long wearing as Melted Fig, The color is pretty darn close, just a hair lighter but gorgeous nonetheless! Rimmel recently reformulated their moisture renew line so I'm not sure if this one is included. I found this one on clearance about a month ago for only $3. I've seen the shades still on clearance at some drugstores so make sure to check them out if you don't have it.
Drugstore Alternatives of Too Faced Melted Fig
*L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Blushing- this line is said to be a "dupe" for the Melted Lipsticks but the formula is different. They have similar packaging and shades but this is more of a very pigmented gloss, most similar to an OCC Lip Tar. This alternative retails for only $4 and they recently released a bunch of new shades that I will be swatching in the near future so stay tuned for that! ;-) Even though the formula is different I still enjoy it because it's very minty and feels really good on the lips. My only con would be the application. The Melted line has a sponge-tip applicator which makes applying them a dream but these Lip Paints are just a typical squeeze tube which can get messy. With a little caution you can pretty much get the same color... in a gloss form!

I hope you found this post helpful! I know when prestige lines release new products we want them all but then we snap back to reality and realize that maybe we cant afford them all at once (harsh reality haha). I'm a true believer in pampering yourself every once in a while because we all deserve it! But its also great to find some alternatives that maybe you already own or are within your budget whenever we're in a pinch. Let me know if you have any other dupes in the comments, I'd love to know! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment