Thursday, September 25, 2014

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette!

Perfect Fall/Holiday Palette!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
I woke up yesyerday and there it was... my Ulta box sitting on my porch! I was super excited because as soon as the Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette released I immediately placed my order. It took about a week for it to get here and now that it is I'm completely smitten by it for so many reasons! Before I get into those details lets start off with the basics. :-)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
It retails for $29 which is an amazing deal! You can find it on Ulta.comSephora.com and Anastasiabeverlyhills.com. The Anastasia website marketed this new release as being the fall/holiday palette which is perfect because the colors fit right in. They actually released a few palettes back to back which was exciting yet confusing at the same time because they came out of nowhere haha. But the best part is that they are collaborations with beauty personalities on instagram or in the beauty blogger community... how cool is that!? I purchased the Amrezy Palette and love it, make sure to check out that review
The packaging is so gorgeous and looks luxurious! It has a cool baroque design that's also on the inside of the palette. 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
Just like the Amrezy palette is has a nice sized mirror and a great two sided brush which works really well. Here are the colors in the palette!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
I love the color combination! I might be biased... but it has a few of my wedding colors so I got super excited! Might even consider having my makeup done with this palette! There's a great mix of mattes and shimmers/metallics and they are all nicely pigmented! They are buttery smooth and the colors blend so effortlessly! The looks you can create are truly endless! Plus if you already have the Amrezy Palette you can use them together because they have similar neutral color families. 
Here's a close up of the colors:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
This palette also included five "Get the look" illustrations with step by step instructions on how to recreate some really beautiful looks! They are very detailed and I'm excited to give them a try soon!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
This is what the back looks like with the instructions, simple and easy to follow!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
Alright... we finally made it to the swatches!(Wohoo!) Here they are by row:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
*Fresh- a matte cream shade, the ideal brow bone highlight shade!
*Blush- a very light cream-pink shimmer, really smooth and perfect as an all over lid shade!
*Venezia-  a teal metallic shade with a golden sheen, so stunning! It's the pop of color in the palette and would pair so well with the warmer tones. Swatched so smooth!
*Gilded- a golden-bronze metallic... one of my favorites! So pigmented and silky! Great lid shade!
*Custom- a taupe shimmer shade with pink tones, another unique color! It's a nice change from your typical brown, I really like it!
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette
*Sangria- a magenta jewel tone metallic... gorgeous! Definitely one of my favorites and its super pigmented!
*Bengal- an medium orange-brown with a demi-matte finish, the best shade in the palette for the crease or blending
*Chocolate- a deep chocolate brown (just like the name states, haha) with a matte finish. I really like that they included both a matte brown and a matte black because sometimes black can be too harsh for certain looks so this one would be great for deepening up some looks!
*China Rose- a peachy pink metallic, just like Venezia it has a beautiful golden sheen!
*Noir- a dark matte black, great basic color for the palette! It's a lot deeper than LBD which is the black shade in the Amrezy Palette.

Bottom line:  Anastasia + Tamanna hit a home run with this palette! Its full of unique colors and I just can't wait to play around with it some more! It completely impressed me with just the swatches and little time I've had to test it out. The consistency in the shadows its just like the ones in the Amrezy palette which I've been using almost everyday for work so I know I'm gonna love this one just as much or... even more! haha. These palettes have great quality shadows for such a great price. Other brands keep raising they're prices,.. but when it comes down to it we're looking for a great quality product that wont break the bank and these Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes are the way to go! :-)

Here's a look I came up with today! I followed one of the "Get the look" illustrations and love how it came out! ;-)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamanna Palette

2 comments:

  1. that eyelook you came up with!! <3 I was eyeing this, but wanted to wait and read a few reviews first! Needless to say, I think Ima go out and get this!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-D and I highly recommend this palette, I can't put it down!

      Delete