Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review: Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows!

Great Color Selection!

 Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows
I'm sure when we think of cream eye shadow bases the Maybelline Color Tattoos quickly come to  mind. I own a few and love them but I find that they're limited edition shades are a lot better than the permanent shades at times so I wanted to branch out ;-) I was very curious about these Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye Shadows when I went to my local Ulta's grand opening. They retail for $8 but at the time they were on sale for only $4 plus a I had some great coupons, perfect time to give them a try!
 Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows
There's a total of eight colors in the line, I picked the most colorful ones of the bunch haha. The packaging is similar to the color tattoos which I like for storage purposes. The consistency of these are a bit different from anything I've tried! They are creamy but almost mouse-like which is pretty cool! They become so smooth immediately with the warmth of your finger which I feel some color tattoos lack. They are highly pigmented and the colors are gorgeous and unique!
 Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows
They are long wearing and make really great bases because the eye shadows adhere to them really well! They are also gorgeous when worn alone, especially the top left color in Rose Gold! Here are the names:
 Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows
Here are the swatches:
 Ulta Color Coat Cream Eye shadows
My favorites are Rose Gold and Golden Olive, such beautiful shades! Rose Gold is the perfect base for the Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette which is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 3. The Golden Olive pairs really well with the Lorac 2 Palette!

Bottom line: These cream shadows are pretty good! Not to say I underestimated the Ulta Collection products but I rarely give them a try. I've tried a few things here and there and none of them disappoint! It never hurts to use the $3.50 coupon either haha. These get an A+ in my book so make sure to give them a try if you want a creamy, pigmented eye shadow base! :-)











No comments:

Post a Comment