Friday, September 12, 2014

Review: ColourPop Super Shock Shadows! (+Swatches!)

Intense Color!

ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
Curiosity should be my middle name! (haha) Lately I noticed a lot of my favorite you tubers mention the ColourPop brand and how unique their shadows were. Then they mentioned they were only $5... I placed my order right then and there! If you're interested you can order some from colourpop.com and they're offering free shipping on orders of $30+! I gravitated towards the metallic shades but they have a few finishes to choose from. The color selection is also amazing! There's a great range of neutral and a bunch of bold, vivid colors. The consistency of these is very unique, kinda hard to explain almost! I initially thought they were powder shadows but after the first swipe I noticed it was more of a cream shadow. It has a cooling effect to them which is what makes them so different. 
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
Hopefully you can kinda tell what the consistency is like with this picture haha. The beautiful snake print it comes with disappears as soon as you swatch it. The pigmentation on these is amazing! They work as bases and as a stand alone shadow. I do think that to complete a look you do need to dab into other palettes for some matte shades for definition and dimension purposes. Other than that....these shadows have blown my mind, something you need to try out yourself! :-)
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
Here's the first bunch of colors I ordered! These are the more neutral colors. The packaging on these is so cute! The name and finish of the shadow are the bottom which I like. You do need to be mindful of screwing the cap on tightly, if not these will dry out.
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
The best way to use these is with your fingers for more of an intense look or with a synthetic brush.
Here are the swatches:
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
*Game Face-  a warm bronze shade, super pretty! This is the color that sparked my order. It looks more intense in the pot but goes on a bit sheer on the eye.
*Get Lucky-  a liquid gold color... perfect as a lid shade! I always include a gold color in any eye shadow order because its my favorite color to wear. This one is different from the rest because its more yellow based.
*Sequin-  a rose- copper shade... stunning! This is one of my favorite colors and looks flawless on!
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
Here are the bold colors I choose this time around. I'm more of a neutrals girl but the color selection looked so tempting! 
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
Look at that purple in the pot... gorgeous!
Here are the swatches:
ColourPop Super Shock Shadows
*Dare- a beautiful bright purple with what seems to be blue flecks of glitter. The glitter doesn't show up on the eye at all. The color is amazing though!
*Empire- a deep emerald with with green flecks of shimmers. The glitter adheres better on this one. This color seemed brighter, less jewel tone online but its pretty nonetheless.
*Krinkle- a silver-teal shade with silver shimmers... one of my favorites! It has a cool chrome aspect to it and looks different in certain lighting. The pigmentation was amazing on this one.
*Cricket- a plumy brown with multi color shimmers, another one of my favorites! This one pairs perfect with Game Face and Sequin!

Bottom line: The formula is so unique that its worth giving a try! They are super affordable, drugstore prices for a great quality product. They came in cute box with a lovely personalized note that stole my heart haha. I love when companies add something special to the orders because it makes you feel like a valued customer instead of an order number. These are cruelty free and made in the U.S.A which is awesome! In my eyes this company stands out for multiple reasons. I highly recommend them! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment