Saturday, January 4, 2014

Review: ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks!

My New Favorite Lipsticks!ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks

Lipsticks are one of my favorite beauty products! My go-to makeup look is a natural face with a pop of color on the lips. I always say "I collect them" but that's my excuse for buying every color out there! I was excited to see that Eyeslipsface.com had new lipsticks for their studio line ( my favorite!). The site also had a 50% off sale one everything so I made sure to grab a few things that I will later review. I'm a little bummed that I only ordered three because these are AMAZING! Lets start off with packaging: it's sturdy, sleeker looking than the other lipsticks elf sells and the color on the packaging matches the tube. My only complaint is that one of my lipsticks got ruined because they don't tend to lock when twisted all the way down like most other lipsticks. So it twisted right back up and got smashed into the cap. Other than that I have no complaints with packaging. Now as far as the formula: it's super creamy, has great color payoff and smell good too! They have a vanilla scent which kinda reminds me of Mac lipsticks. The claim for these lipsticks is that they have a velvety, satin texture that glides on the lips but still leaves a nice shine. I completely agree with the feel of these lipsticks. The glide on super smooth and its practically opaque in one swipe. The color selection they offer is great, it covers from the nudes to the reds and everything in between. They are also long wearing, I don't find myself having to reapply as much throughout the day.
Here are some swatches of the colors that I have. From left to right: Wink Pink, Flirty & Fabulous and Rosy-Go-Round. ( Click to enlarge ) You can for sure notice the shine it leaves on the lips!
ELF Moisturizing Lipsticks

Bottom line: For only $3 each ($1.50 if you catch them on sale!) these lipsticks are amazing! Definitely my new favorite lipsticks. I can't wait to start using the brighter colors in the Spring and Summer time. And.... yes, I will be buying all the colors! I'm not a fan of the $1 lipsticks they sell nor the mineral lipsticks. I recommend to pass on those and spend your money on these because the quality is there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment