Friday, January 17, 2014

Review: NYX Butter Gloss!

Smells Good Enough To Eat!

NYX Butter Glosses
Today I have an exciting review for you guys! I heard so many great things about the NYX Butter Glosses and I had to try them out. I purchased four colors (seen above) and let me tell you... these smell amazing! I know I know, I should worry about the color payoff but once you smell it you'll understand haha. These smell like cupcakes and frosting, makes me hungry just thinking about it. The packaging is also super adorable. The color of the tube matches the color of the gloss. On top of that they have really cute names, relating to sweets. The have a nice color selection and they actually came out with brand new colors recently that I'm excited to try. The gloss itself is super smooth and not tacky at all. Tackiness is one thing I avoid when buying lip glosses, I just don't like the feeling. The colors are all creamy (my favorite finish) with no shimmers. The formula is lightweight so you barely feel it on your lips once it's on!
NYX Butter Glosses
When you first apply the lip gloss you get a sheer wash of color. It is buildable though so you can apply more until you get the desired look. For me it lasts about 2-3 hours before you feel the need to reapply. It's super moisturizing and looks great layered over any lipstick. I'll leave the names below of the ones that I own and according to how they are swatched above.
*Crème Brulee- A natural/nude color (one of my favorites!)
*Cherry Pie- A true red
*Strawberry Parfait- A fuchsia
*Apple Strudel- A creamy peach
 
Bottom line: I'm a huge fan of these glosses! They are not the most pigmented glosses but they don't claim to be. The are definitely not liquid lipsticks that are now becoming popular in the drugstores so don't expect something like that. But if you're looking for the perfect gloss to layer over your favorite lipsticks I recommend these! You can find them on Nyxcosmetics.com or Ulta.com for $5. Ulta tends to have BOGO sales and the $3.50 off $10 coupon so if you wait you can get a really awesome deal! I recently ordered the Butter Lipsticks from the NYX website and I can't wait to try them out! Stay tuned for that review. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours! I would love to try these! Thanks for following me on bloglovin, following you back! Have a lovely weekend!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will definitely love these, they're amazing! Thanks for the support! :-)

      Delete
  2. I've wanted Cherry Pie and Peaches & Cream for months now! I think I'll need to buy them soon!

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they are beautiful shades! :-) They recently launched new colors that I wanna try too!

      Delete