Monday, January 13, 2014

Review: Revealed Palette By Coastal Scents!

Is It Similar To The Naked Palettes?

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette
 It seems like nowadays everyone is coming out with similar palettes to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes! The Revealed Palette was the first one to catch my attention so I gave it a shot to see if it was close to the originals. I only have the Naked 2 Palette and the Naked Basics so that's what I will be basing my comparison on. I wanna start off by talking about the palette itself! It has really cute packaging but I do wish it had a mirror on the inside. It's also very slim so it's perfect to put in your bag or to stack in your makeup collection. The palette contains 20 shadows for only $19.95! One dollar per shadow? That's amazing! It has a range of beautiful metallics and mattes just like the Naked palettes. The shadows are actually wonderful quality, very smooth and pigmented... some more than others. I'm loving everything about the palette and it's definitely a close dupe to the originals! It doesn't come with a brush like most Urban Decay palettes do but that's not an issue. I rather it not have one than to include a crappy one.
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette
So here's a close-up of the eye shadows! I'm gonna include some dupes from the Naked 2 palette below so I thought it would be easier to number them. Click on the picture to get a close look of the eye shadows. The naked palettes are $52 for 12 eye shadows while this one is less than half the price so that's something to think about. I feel like the top row of this palette resembles the Naked 2 and the second row resembles the original Naked palette.
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette
So here is the Revealed Palette swatches. As you can see they swatch beautifully! Just like the originals, you can get many day and night looks from this palette. I'll go ahead and include the dupes that I found! All the dupes are from the Naked 2 palette. I tried to compare the Naked Basics but didn't find any of the mattes to match. The swatched pairs below will have the Urban Decay shadow first and then the one from the Revealed palette.
Urban Decay Naked Palettes Dupes
 From left to right:
*Foxy and #1 ( Foxy has more of a yellow tone)
*Tease and #5
*Chopper and #8 ( Chopper is a bit more copper)
*Suspect and #9
*Verve and #10
Urban Decay Naked Palettes Dupes

 From left to right:
*Snakebite and #14
*YDK and #17
*Busted and #18
*Blackout and #20
 
Bottom line: I really like this palette! Personally I believe its a great dupe as far as colors and quality. Urban Decay is still the king of pigmentation but coastal scents came really close. I actually don't feel the need to purchase the original Naked palette now that I have this one. Go check out www.coastalscents.com and place your order, you wont regret it! Oh! I also recommend signing up for the price alerts, I did and managed to get mine for only $11.95 + shipping. This palette sells out quickly so go now. :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment