Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review: NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color!

Intense Color At A Great Price!

NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color
New York Color or NYC came out with a new lip product that I had to try! You know me... I'm a lipstick/ lip gloss hoarder so as soon as I saw the display at Kmart I wanted to take some home. These are called the NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Colors (Wow... what a mouth full! haha) but like the name claims they are full of pigment! I only purchased two colors but I'm going back for more. These are only $3.99 and for that price you definitely need to try them!
The packaging is simple but still cute. The color of the tube is the color you get for the lip color which is typical with these chubby sticks. Now, I wanted to check on the site for the product claims and what it comes down to is: intense color, long lasting and stay-put finish. I do agree with the first and last claim but not so much the second. I find that it holds its shine for about 2 hours max and then then it starts to fade a bit. Personally I don't mind reapplying this once that happens but I wanted to point it out in case someone finds that a bit tedious. Don't get me wrong, the shine fades but the color stays put! They don't claim to be a stain but I do feel like after a few hours it does leave a stain behind which is just as pretty. They go on super smooth and are very moisturizing the first few hours. They get a bit drying once the shine starts to fade but that's normal. They have a sweet/fruity smell to them... kinda like cherries!
Here are the colors I chose swatched on my lips.
NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color
From left to right:
*Metropolitan Mauve- A bright medium pink. Very wearable and pretty!
*Gramercy Park Plum- A deep burgundy/berry shade. My favorite! I got many compliments when I wore this to work!
 
NYC City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color


Bottom line: I would recommend these! For the price it's a great lip color to just throw in your purse and go. You get intense color and the color range is awesome. They have everything from nudes to reds. I wouldn't say these are anything like the Revlon Balm Stains since those are balms. These just promise great color pay off and they keep that promise. The application is super easy with the pen format and they feel silky smooth on the lips! I never had great expectations for NYC products since they are so inexpensive but these are amazing and I can't wait to try out more spring appropriate shades! :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment