Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Review: ELF Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation!

Say Bye To The Shine!

ELF Studio HD Mattifying Cream Foundation

Eyes Lips Face recently came out with a new mattifying foundation and I had to get my hands on it! I have combination skin so I have some dry patches and I typically get oily around my T zone ( forehead, nose and chin). I needed something to put a stop to the oils and this did the trick! This retails for only $6 ( $3 when there's a sale) which is a great price. The site claims that its oil free so it won't clog your pores and seems to work great for all skin types. It's a cream to powder formula so it doesn't leave a tacky feeling on your face. I still tend to set my foundation with powder lightly. The color I chose is called Sand, it's the second to lightest shade. The picture is a bit watched out so definitely check out the six colors they offer on Eyeslipsface.com. The foundation offers a few things that I love! It has great coverage, I'd say medium coverage but it can be buildable for people who have problem skin. It's super smooth and blends like a dream which also means that it doesn't settle into fine lines. It has great lasting power, about 4-6 hours which is normally what I need on a daily basis. Plus it didn't oxidize. The compact includes a sponge which I think its perfect for application. I personally wouldn't dip a brush into it because it wont grab too much product but I after applying it with the sponge I tend to use the brush to make sure its evenly distributed on my face. The compact is a great size and it has a large mirror.

Bottom line:  Overall I love this foundation. Before this I used powder foundations since all I have to cover are red spots. After trying this I was impressed. My fear was that it would leave a cakey look to my face but that was not the case. It looked really natural and kept me matte for a while. To help with the application I applied the ELF Studio Poreless Face Primer under my makeup. I think it actually helped a lot but that will be whole different review (stay tuned!) As far as the foundation, it lives up to its claims so make sure to try it out if you've been in the market for something like it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment