Thursday, January 9, 2014

Review: Lorac Unzipped Eye Shadow Palette!

A Palette With Beautiful Rose Hues!

Lorac Unzipped Palette
As soon as I saw this palette I knew I had to have it! The colors were totally different from my other palettes like the Urban Decay Naked 2 so took a leap and purchased it! I'm so happy I did, the colors work so well with each other and there's a nice mix of shimmers and matte eye shadows. The packaging is adorable too! It's nice and thin and has a magnetic closure to keep your eye shadows safe. Once you open it you can see a nice sized mirror and the 10 supercalifragilisticexpialidocious eye shadows! ;-) I know that the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette is now in stores but when comparing the two I figured I would get more use out of the Unzipped. It has the pink tones, gold and copper tones too so I feel that this palette is universally flattering. And those matte shadows are perfect for definition and adding color to the crease!
Lorac produces great quality eye shadows. They are super smooth and buttery. Blending is also a breeze with these eyes shadows. I'm so excited to create some looks with this palette! It's perfect for work environments and even for a night out. Now with Valentines Day approaching this is the perfect palette to create that romantic date night look. Below I'll include some swatches and descriptions of each shadow.
Lorac Unzipped Palette
First row from left to right:
*Undercover-  A semi matte cream (has a slight sheen)
*Unbelievable-  A rosy metallic
*Unattainable- A copper metallic
*Unconditional- A matte mauve (great crease color!)
*Unbridled- A matte brown with red tones
 
Lorac Unzipped Palette
Second row from left to right:
*Undiscovered- A metallic light gold
*Unreal- A metallic pale pink (very pretty!)
*Uncensored- A metallic bronze
*Unspoken- A neutral matte brown
*Untamed- A metallic rich brown
 
Bottom line: If you want a twist to the typical neutral palette I definitely recommend this one! The rose tones makes the palette unique and perfect for everyday. You can create so many looks with this palette and that is one the things I love about it. These colors look awesome on the lid and those color names are just too cute! This palette is $40 and can be found at Ulta (or Ulta.com) and www.loraccosmetics.com. It comes with a mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer which is great. So for the price I think this palette is a must have!





2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I think it is definitely comparable to Naked 3 and I agree that this one would probably suit more people since it has some browns. I love the Behind the Scenes primer!

    ReplyDelete