Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Review: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette! (+ Swatches!)

All Matte Perfection!

 Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Have I mentioned that I have the best Husband in the world!? :-D I recently got promoted at work (wohooo!) and my hubby knows me so well that he gifted me this beauty to celebrate haha! I was super happy to have my hands on the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette! I've had it for about 2 weeks now and I wanted to share my thoughts with you.
It retails for $46 at Sephora, which for the amount of shadows you get it's a pretty good value. It's an extension of the Shade + Light contour palette which has been raved about non-stop. Even though I skipped on the contour palette I knew I wouldn't do the same for the eyeshadow palette because it's so rare to find a good all matte palette. Too Faced released a great matte palette recently but it leans more sultry, mauve tones while this is a combo of cool and warm.
 Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
The packaging is pretty simple this time around but still looks kool, yes kool with a K haha. It's a pretty sturdy cardboard palette like the Monarch Palette, super durable if you're looking to travel with it.
 Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
The colors are so diverse and pretty much suitable for any skintone. The top three shades are the ones I've been using the most so it's awesome that they are larger than the rest! My only complaint is that I wish one of the cream shades was lighter for my brow bone. Other than that this palette is so nice! I have been using it almost everyday, alone and in conjunction with other palettes.
 Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette
Here are the swatches! Just like Kat Von D does best the shadows are so buttery and silky! They don't have too much powder kick up like the other palettes. Some of the colors are ultra pigmented and some need to be built up but overall the looks turn out fantastic! With this palette I've been leaning towards more smokey looks for some reason. I love using the browns all over the lid and it looks so sexy! ;-) 
 Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

Bottom line: I'm super pleased with this palette! It's great alone or combined with other palettes that may be lacking matte shades. The price is pretty great, even better when your hubby pays for it haha. I love it and would recommend it in a heart beat! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment